I have seen the lovely blog award on other people’s blog and I never really gave it any thought because I wasn’t expecting one anytime soon. I consider myself a very new Quilter and Blogger for that matter so imagine my surprise and excitement when I got an email from Lisa J of Sunlight In Winter Quilts notifying me that she nominated my blog for one of those. Thank you so much Lisa J, that was very thoughtful of you, I feel very honored and it means a lot that you enjoy my blog enough to nominate it for this award. I love Lisa’s use of color…you should check out her blog!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the image of the award on your post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
Rules 1 to 3 are done and now:
7 facts about me – I never know what to say about myself,trust me I struggled to come up with this list.
- Before 2012, I didn’t know what a Quilt was talk less of learning how to or knowing how to make one. Before that I was obsessed with fashion design and have always had a passion for design and sewing.
- I love color purple, most shades of blue, black, white, gray and I have a genuine phobia for wearing color red, I recently used red in my quilt and I love it but not enough to wear it I’m afraid.
- For a very long time I was obsessed with Nickleback (the Canadian rock band with the amazing Chad Kroeger as the lead? I absolutely love his voice) and I used to imagine being their drummer that’s how much I love drums.
- I am a low risk taker when it comes to trying new food – I have never tried sushi (I’m not sure I ever will!) and I take way too long to study the menu if I’m eating in a new place and almost never stray from my regular if I’m eating somewhere familiar.
- Recently finished Audiobook/book “Ready, Set…PROCRASTINATE: 23 Anti – Procrastination Tools designed to help you stop putting things off and start getting things done by Akash Karia” and currently reading “The Rules of Life by Richard Templar”.
- On my Quilting wish list I have: a dedicated sewing studio, a functioning design wall, fabric cutter (I haven’t decided if I prefer Brother ScanNCut which has been on my Amazon wish list for like 2 years now, Accuquilt GO! or Sizzix Big Shot…we’ll have to wait and see) oh a sewing machine with wider throat space and eventually a long arm machine!
- I watch way too many TV series. I am a dedicated Shondalander (Shonda Rhymes fan – I watch them all and one time I watched Grey’s Anatomy season 1-7 all over again granted that was before Quilting happened because I will never have that kind of idle time again, way too many things to make with too little time!) I also watch Mistresses, Pretty Little Liars, Devious Maids, Suits, Blind Spot, Empire, Power, oh Jane the Virgin and…even as I list this I’m ashamed of myself…No I’m not, just kidding!
And my nomination in no particular order because they are all fabulous Quilters and Bloggers and I enjoy their blogs:
- Melanie Cat Bird Quilts
- Tierney Tierney Creates
- Karen Tuna Quilts
- Marla Penny Lane Quilts
- Stephanie Quilt n Party
- Sharla Thistle Thicket Studio
- Shannon Shannon Fraser Designs
- Jeni Baker In Color Order
- Jackie One Creative Family
- And all the other Quilting blogs that i’d love to nominate have either been nominated or I can’t find an email to notify them…bugger!
- Aanu Pencil Goddess
- Belinda Diary of a Fashion Enthusiast
Thanks again Lisa J and thanks all for stopping by.